Counterfeit Components

Enrollment Options:

I have a voucher code for this course
Redeem Voucher

Information

Nonmember:
$45.00
IPC Member:
$35.00

Additional Information

What You Should Already Know:

There are no prerequisites for this course

Course Description:

Even the best visual incoming inspection will only catch approximately 80 percent of all counterfeit components. The remaining 20 percent escape detection and are sent to production, creating defective assembly’s which could be sent to your company’s customer. This course will help the stockroom, production and inspection technicians to understand the common visual indicators of counterfeit, substandard components. The course covers how counterfeit components find their way into the supply chain. Why the counterfeit components are becoming an increasing challenge for the electronics industry as well as a potential life-threatening issue in military products, aerospace and medical electronics. This course will show you how to recognize and capture fraudulent devices during visual inspection. It will also show and explain how detection methods such as scanning electron microscopes and X-ray fluorescent spectroscopy systems can support your detection efforts.

Learning Outcomes:

  • Increased Awareness of Counterfeit Components
  • Improve Visual Counterfeit Inspection Techniques
  • Understand How Scanning Equipment Can Support Counterfeit Detection
  • Understand Importance of Removing Counterfeit Components

Course Time: 24 Minutes

Testing & Certificate:

 A Certificate of Completion will be issued to the student upon Completion of the testing requirement of the course. A passing grade of 70% is needed to receive the certificate. The student will be allowed to take the test a total of 3 times to achieve a passing grade.

Terms of Use