The certification is valid for 2 years.
This course can only be delivered by a CET.
NOTE: This course can only be purchased by a certified trainer (CET). A voucher code will be provided by the CET to the operator for access to the course.
IPC and EOS/ESD Association Inc. have partnered to develop a standardized ESD training and certification course for operators in the electronics industry. Besides providing professional credentials as ESD Certified Operator, this certification program insures that your company’s ESD training meets industry standards (ANSI/ESD S20.20) and the quality requirements of your customers.
With semiconductor devices becoming more ESD sensitive every day, many companies require ESD training that clearly outlines the specific ESD technical requirements of the organization where they work.
The online portion of the ESD certification course for operators delivers basic ESD principles and theory. It also provides you with procedures and controls you can put into place to minimize the effects of ESD on electronic assemblies you handle every day.
The final portion of the course will be delivered by a certified trainer, in a classroom setting. The trainer will provide the specific requirements your company has put in place to manage and control ESD.
In order to maintain the integrity of the certification, the course requirement is that it be delivered by a Certified ESD Trainer (CET).
- Learn basic ESD theory / physics
- Know how to avoid component damage
- Understand the exact technical requirements for the products you work on
- Know and understand common ESD best practices used Globally
- Know and understand your companies ESD requirements
Course Time: 2 Hours
- Online, ESD Principles
- Online, ESD Principles Exam (Requires 80% grade)
- Classroom, ESD Specific Company Requirements – Control Policies and Procedures (Note: Classroom training should be delivered after the online ESD priciples course and exam have been completed)
- Online, ESD Specific Company Requirements Exam (Requires 80% grade)
Testing & Certification:
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to the student upon completion of the testing requirement of the course. A passing grade of 80% is needed to receive the certificate. The student will be allowed to take the test one additional time. If a passing grade is not achieved after the second test, the course will be locked and the student will have to receive a new voucher from the CET instructor to retake the course.