What You Should Already Know:
There are no prerequisites for this course
This foundation course is designed to provide the essential background knowledge for candidates preparing to take IPC-A-610F training and certification. Ideal candidates for this course include new hires, ESL students, and visual learners. In this course, the student will learn best practices in recognizing solder joint defects, minimize common inspection errors, and learn a common language when evaluating electronic assemblies. Through hole and surface mount solder joint evaluation and acceptance criteria for class 3 assemblies is presented. Also covered are imperfections in the base material; solder mask; edge-board contacts; conductor traces, lands and CRD markings.
- Recognize PTH and SMT solder joint defects
- Understand solder joint acceptance criteria for class 3
- Demonstrate dimensional specification understanding
- Ability to evaluate solder joints of various components
- Prepared for A-610F CIS Certification Training
- Includes 4 course modules, average running time per module is approximately 30 minutes.
- Total running time is 1 hour and 54 minutes
- Through Hole Solder Joint Quality Standards
- Surface Mount Solder Joint Quality Standards
- IPC-A-610F Common Inspection Errors
- Bare Board Defect Recognition for Assemblers
Testing & Certificate:
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to the student upon completion of the testing requirement of the course. A passing grade of 70% is needed to receive the certificate. The student will be allowed to take the test a total of 3 times to achieve a passing grade.