What You Should Already Know:
There are no prerequisites for this course.
The perfect course for new hires with little understanding of electronic assemblies, employees that have English as their second language and for cross-training. The terminology training for electronics assembly course will provide users with the critical English terminology used throughout the electronics assembly industry worldwide.
This course demonstrates and explains everything from components types to SMT / PTH assembly processes. Users can see the relevant English terminology on screen, while viewing the narration / subtitles in English.
This course will cover the following content:
• Electronic Components – SMT and PTH
• Assembly features / description
• Surface Mount Processes, including: Solder Paste Printing, Component Placement, Reflow Soldering, Inspection
• Through Hole Processes, including: Component Insertion, Wave Soldering, Selective Soldering
• Hand Soldering Basics
• Mixed technology assembly processes
• Cleaning / Testing / Conformal Coating
• Box Build
This course should be used by every electronic assembly operation to maximize operator performance and minimize terminology misunderstandings.
• Improve communication skills companywide by using approved assembly terminology
• Demonstrate understanding of acceptance criteria for assemblies
• Improve quality on the shop floor by using approved terminology
Course Time: 20 Minutes
Testing & Certification:
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to the student upon completion of the testing requirement of the course. A passing grade of 70% is needed to receive the certificate. The student will be allowed to take the test three times. If a passing grade is not achieved after the third test, the course will be locked and the student must repurchase the course.